Saturday 5 May 2012

Remove Nail Polish Easily

Hi!  Before I learned this trick it used to take me ages to remove nail polish or any nail art that I would have on my nails.  The preparation will actually take longer than the actual removal of the polish.  Which for me is a good thing because I can get so frustrated taking it off especially when its dark nail polish as it usually gets all over your skin, the clean up seems to take forever.  But not anymore!

You will just need a couple of things and I will break it down step by step!


1.  You will need a nail polish pump, some nail wipes and some strips of tinfoil.


The nail polish in this picture was in my opinion a fail so the good thing about it is you just take it off and start again.

2.  You want to put some nail polish remover in your pump.  Take a nail wipe and pump 2-3 times to soak the wipe.  Fold it in half and half again to a smaller square and position on your nail.

3.  Take a strip of tinfoil and wrap it securely around your nail.  It is awkward to do both hands at first but it is worth it, so keep trying.


It should look something like the above picture.

4.  Then just leave it on for 5 minutes or longer if you have a lot of art on.

5.  Then when you are ready you want to press down on your nail and wiggle them off.  You may have a small amount on your cuticles but it should have pretty much all come off.


This is the wipe after I have finished and as you can see the nail art has pretty much come off intact in one piece, yay!!

Even though I have been doing this method for awhile sometimes I resort back to the old method of scrubbing the nail polish off my nails.  Just going over and over again and again and I regret not putting in those few extra minutes effort to remove it the right way.

For my birthday my husband got me The China Glaze Prismatic set, which is gorgeous by the way.



The picture does not even do it justice.  They are so 3D and vibrant and sparkly.  The holographic element is subtle but a very nice extra.  Love, love these polishes!!!









So I was in a rush to take off this polish and went back to the other method of scrubbing my nail polish off.  Of course being glitter it ripped my nails to bits!


Agh! Not a happy bunny and it was all my own fault!  Patience is the key thing to remember!!!

So this is my version of nail polish removal.  I hope this was helpful to you and hopefully you can learn by my mistakes.   Bye for now.

Michele x

No comments:

Post a Comment