Tuesday 10 July 2012

Aztec and Butterflies

Hi Guys!  I am having one of nights where it doesn't make sense but that's kind of the point.  I am just doing what I do having fun.  This was not planned, you might say it was a happy accident because I think it looks kind of neat but just my opinion.  I was just playing with my brushes and acrylic paint, practising 'one stroke' technique.  Then I just went from doodling on paper to on my nails. And with the help of Bundle Monster it turned out quite good.

I think the fact that they are so different from each other that somehow
it works together.  I like the contrast and it's almost like they 
contradict each other!
This is just the pallette I work with.

So I had already prepared my nails and had OPI Nail Envy on them.

Flat Edge Brush
I just pushed the brush back and forth up the nail like one big petal.
I did this twice letting it dry in between coats to give a more
 vivid colour.
I use this over the acrylic paint before stamping.

Bundle Monster 315

Using Konad Moss Green


Then on the left hand
I used white and purple and swiped it up my nail.
Then without cleaning the brush I used white and blue. 
So it had a stripy effect and I just smeared the colours
together.
A bit like marbling
I think it looks pretty!
Again over the acrylic before stamping.
Bundle Monster 307
Konad Royal Purple


So it may be weird but I think kind of wonderful also.  I really like the background under the stamping on both hands.  However I am partial to purple and blues and of course those lovely butterflies. So for me my left hand is my favourite.  But the the design on the right hand is still pretty awesome.  I have really enjoyed playing with my nails tonight.


Some bites of information:

OMG how bad has that Kleancolor Metallic Pink stained my nails. They still have a shade of pink to them.  I have cleaned them off with nail polish remover.  I have also used a nail brush with some lemon and bicarbonate of soda.  I have buffed my nails and it is still not coming off.  I swear I used two coats of OPI Nail Envy before starting and it has still seeped through.  If any of you have any tips on how to get rid of it please let me know. It is such a shame because I liked the colour but please go away now.

We are all still pretty sick.  We have all got barking coughs and my daughter has been sent home from school now because she now has it also.  Poor poorly princess!!

I re-tried those Bundle Monster plates I told you about that don't work for me and they still do not work so I will be contacting Amazon and Bundle Monster and I will let you know the out come.


What do you think of the colours and the designs?  It is so distracting having two totally different nails on  each hand but it's kind of cool also.  I hope you have liked my nails tonight.  Let me know what you think of them.   Do you have contrasting hands on occasion, and do you get a good response when you are out and about?

Ok, that's it from me. Bye for now!

Michele x











4 comments:

  1. Ooh thank you so much WorldmedTourism. I hope you will come back again and maybe consider joining my blog to get future updates. Well thanks for checking out my blog x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Eva! I'm glad you like my blog and schuks thank you so much for the compliment!! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice !
    i follow you on bloglovin,
    follow me back? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laura! I will check out your blog on bloglovin. In the mean time I would love it if you decide to follow my actual blog here. I am glad you have found something you like x

      Delete