Monday 27 August 2012

Liebster Award!

Hi guys! Cripes so happy about this right now.  I have been nominated for the Liebster Award!! Yikes!!

I have been nominated by http://addictedtoopi-yum.blogspot.co.uk/  So thank you so much for that. She has a gorgeous blog filled with lovely pictures and interesting detail. As you know I am only just starting and am learning as I go.  So I feel really pleased that people are finding my little blog ( it was supposed to be a secret, sshh!!) and that someone thinks I am doing well enough to deserve a little award.  Aww this has pleased me beyond words.

Here's how it works:
1) The recipient must post 11 fun facts about themselves
2) The recipient must also answer 11 questions created by the award giver
3) The recipient must give the award to 11 new bloggers with less than 200 followers and post 11 questions for them to answer
4) These 11 bloggers must be told they have been given the award
5) They will in turn pass the award on to 11 new bloggers of their choice (no tagging back the award giver)

11 Fun facts:

1.   I am happily married to my husband Gary.  We have 3 beautiful kids together, Joshua 13, Rebecca 6 and Dylan will be 4 next week.

2.   I am 4ft 11 or 5 ft depending on who measures me.  My husband is 5ft 11 and towers over me.  But he is a gentle giant or I'm a bossy dwarf and we love it this way.  I have little woman's syndrome and I make a lot of noise and I talk a lot but he is Mr Chill and is so layed back. It did take some getting used to at first but we kiss with me on my tip toes which is quite nice actually.

3.   I don't know if its my height or if I genuinely do look young but people are always surprised that I am 32 and are doubly surprised to realise I have 3 kids especially that one is a teenager.  Good genes I guess plus I have tried every cream (that I can afford) out there so something must have paid off.

4.   I love high heels that is my one true love other than polish ( I need the height).  But as I  have only size 3 feet I struggle to get the shoes I like, which sucks.  Josh is 13 and he is now nose to nose with me and has size 5 feet.  I think I might need a step on those days when he needs a clip round the back of the head ( ha, ha!!)

5.   Walking is a passion of mine and I have always been a big walker.  The last few years I haven't been able to do as much as I like but I am hoping to change that this year.

6.  We have a dog called Chip but our first dog was called Chocolate. We only need one more called Cookie and we will have  had the set ( ha, ha!!) 

7.  I am extremely fearful of spiders and will think nothing of screaming my head off at them (like that will help things!) 

8.  I love candles and have a ritual every night of throwing away the old tea lights and putting new ones in and lighting them all.  I love the lights, the smell and the activity of actually doing it.  Good thing my husband loves it too!

9.  I love to laugh and love funny people.  I could watch Lee Evans with the sound off just his body language and actions are funny to me on their own.  But my kids worry about me when I get laughing as I have a tendency to cry when I get going.

10.  I stopped smoking 7 years ago and have never looked back.  I saw a hypnotherapist about it but you still need will power to get you there.  Although I went out with the girls a few months back and ending up having a cigarette but I was too drunk to remember it really.  A crazy moment that I won't be repeating.

11.  This may be boring but I love and live for my family and would do anything for them.  Nail polish and blogging are my little outlet to have my own little identity outside of them but that's it.  I am just a simple girl really.  I don't want much just to be happy and at peace.


1) When and why did you start blogging?

I only started blogging this year in May, although I had thought about it for awhile but I am a bit shy.  My husband built a little display unit for my nail polish and all that jazz and that gave me the push to decide to create a blog of my own.  Also I had been taking pictures of my nails for awhile and my Iphone and Computer both went down at the same time and I hadn't backed them up.  I lost everything, all my pictures so this blog was created to be a more permanent place for them and to encourage me to use all the stuff I have.

2) How many bottles of polish do you own?

I would say I have about 250 polish about 50 stripers and about 40 Konad Special Polish for stamping.  So a lot but its my little thing and I love it.  My collection is probably small compared to others but in my house which is very small it is a massive collection that is slowly taking over the house. (oops sorry to the hubster x)

3) What color do you have the most of in your collection?

I would say without even looking it would be blue.  I love blue and if someone is wearing blue on their nails, I just fall in love with the colour, the design and the pattern if they have one and I will do anything I can to hunt down the colour and try to emulate their nails.  Freaky I know but I can't help it!  It could also be pink as well because my Rebecca loves her some pink so when I get this colour I think of her.


4) What is your first memory of nail polish?

My Auntie Christine and Auntie Janice both had long nails and wore red nail polish.  As a little girl I was fascinated by their nails.  My mum didn't wear any polish so it was really pleasing to me to see these shiny nails.  I think right then and there a nail addict was born!!

5) What do your friends/family think of your hobby?

My husband and kids think it is great.  My husband bless him is really supportive but I think he would wish I wasn't quite as obsessed for the sake of our house.  My Mum loves it but she can't really be bothered with nail polish herself.  My Dad thinks I am crazy when I tell him I am buying more polish he says "But you already have all that, why do you need more?"  The thing is I don't need more, nobody needs nail polish I just love it.  My friends just know that's me and that's who I am.  But they are always really surprised how long I keep my nails when I have the 3 kids.

My family knows but I haven't mentioned to any of my friends that I am blogging.  It just hasn't come up in a conversation and I guess I am still a bit shy about it all really.  I will in time...!!

6) What are your hobbies other than blogging?

I love reading.  I devour books when I get chance.  I could sit and read all day long and do as often as I can.  Walking is my head clearer.  I love to walk and get all the jumble mess that is my brain all untangled from the heavy stressful knot that is life so there is calm and organisation inside once more. (if only!)

7) What's your favorite nail polish color?  

I would say For Audrey China Glaze.  Inspired by the Tiffany's blue.  It's not a perfect dupe but very similar.  I don't have it any more, it ran away not sure where.  But will be purchasing again in the near future.

8) What would be your dream polish?

I love Holos but I would love a polish that you stripe on and it would be rainbow effect or polka dots, that would be really cool.  Well a girl can dream.  I would just settle to being able to buy China Glaze 'OMG' without the £50 price tag.  Although I have heard a little rumour they are bringing out a new Holo set called 'Hologlam' in 2113, so watch this space. (please let it be so!!)

9) What is something you love, but everyone else hates.  

Honestly, I have wracked my brain but I can't think of anything.  I am a laid back sort of girl and so are the people in my life, there' is nothing I hate nor do they.  Oh except maybe the crazy frog, I can't stand that thing!!

10) What trends do you love?

I love One Stroke nail art, Stamping on nails or hand drawn designs, and glitter nails.  I love, love, love kawaii japanese nail art I think it is amazing.  Those girls have some style!!


11) What trends do you hate?

I wouldn't say I hate but not sure about stilleto nails.  Don't get me wrong they look great in pictures and on some celebs but I don't think they are practical for everyday.  But to be fair I have never tried them personally so I guess I need to try them before I can really set an opinion.  I am just kind of scared I might take one of my kids eyes out or something like that!!


I am passing this award on to 11 lovely, talented ladies. Here goes:

http://beachingnails.blogspot.co.uk/

http://radi-d.blogspot.co.uk/

http://www.thepolishedmommy.com/

http://glitznglammer.blogspot.co.uk/

http://nuthinbutanailthing.blogspot.co.uk/

http://nevernakednails.blogspot.co.uk/

http://stampaholicnailart.blogspot.co.uk/

http://www.timeonmynails.com/

http://nearlynaturalnails.blogspot.co.uk/

http://cutesvilledaily.blogspot.co.uk/

http://kayleyart.blogspot.co.uk/

Congratulations girls!! I hope you get chance to check out their blogs as they have some super cute nail art!!

Well that's all from me.  Super happy right now!

Ok bye for now!

Michele x


10 comments:

  1. Thank you for the nomination Michele! I will be getting to this soon, sorry you did not have my email. If you would ever like to chat, dinomamaxx@Gmail.com. I hope to hear from you soon!

    <3 sammi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job!

    We have a quite few things in common you and I. I used to live in England, and I LOVE blue nails.

    : )
    have a greatday! see you soon!

    got go watch Wilfred!
    lovenailpolish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I am glad to hear its not just me in to blue nails. Where in England are you from? Thanks for your comment, come back any time x

      Delete
  3. You are welcome Claire! Happy Days. Come back any time x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow so quick! It took me a few days to check everyone out. I will check it out first thing. Well done x

      Delete
  4. Thank You :)..
    I'm new to blogging so this may take me time to figure out. But I will do it :)

    ReplyDelete