Friday 20 July 2012

China Glaze Magnetix II Collection

Hi guys! So excited my China Glaze Magnetix II Collecion has arrived.  I have been dying for these the second I had heard about their existence!!  I really love the magnetic nail polish trend.  Even though I have used them several times, I am still super amazed every time I see the pattern form.  It's like a little piece of magic still exists in my life.  I know it's quite sad really, but I'm like a big kid about these things.

Now I know there are lots of brands that have come out with the magnetic polish but I have only purchased a couple of them.  I have a couple of the Nails Inc ones.  I have the original China Glaze Magnetix I Collection and the brand new Magnetix II Collection.  The original collection contains more darker, stony colours.  The new set contains a more broader range of colours including blue and green.

Magnetix II

Get Charged, Positively In Love, Bond-Tastic,
Gold Fusion, Con-fused, Sparks Will Fly.

The Magnet

Vertical Lines, Circles and Grid.


Magnetix I

Attraction, Pull Me Close, You Move Me,
Cling On, Drawn To You, Instant Chemistry.

The Magnet

Stripes, Chevron and Star

I have spent the whole day today trying on these new polishes and comparing to the old magnetic set.  It was my last day to myself with no kids at home as Josh has now finished school today, Dylan has one afternoon left at nursery and Becca finishes next Thursday.  So I think spending the day putting on and taking off nail polish is a good day, for me any way.  So there will be lots of pictures I hope that's not a problem.  Here it goes.

Just a tip always use a base coat, that is a given.  Also you can do this with just one coat but if you require a stronger colour do just one coat and let set for at least 10 minutes.  Then do another coat and use the magnet but try to not do too thick a coat as it won't work.

Nails Inc 

Kensington Palace



This is a Rosy Pink colour with a nice sheen.  The effect is more 
subtle in comparison the the other two I have in this series.

Houses Of Parliment



The more I use this one the more it has gown on me.  
The effect is very strong with this colour and stands 
out quite well. It is almost like a purple and black 
stripy effect.

Trafalgar Square



Now I have only used one coat here but if you have the patience 
to use two coats, then this will surely pop on your nails.  
I have used this polish on lot's of occasions and always get
good compliments from just using this polish! It is a black, 
grey and silver with a shiny sheen.  Really love 
this one. 


Magnetix I




The order I have used the magnet in the following pictures are little finger and thumb is stripes.  Ring finger and index finger I used the chevron and the middle finger I used the star.  I did this so you could get a good idea of each image while also seeing each polish's individual colour and effect!  I found that some work better and some stand out more than other's but on the whole this is a good range.

Attraction


This Polish has a glitter and sheen effect and this caused it to be too heavy 
to want to move to the magnet.  I liked the dark grey colour though 
but this only showed a subtle pattern at best.  I had tried a thicker coat, 
a thinner coat,  two coats and the results were just the same.

Pull Me Close


(oops smudged my thumb, but you get the idea)
This is definately my favourite out of this collection.  It has a 
very shiny finish and I like the stone with blue tones
running through it.  Love this one!!

You Move Me


This was my least favourite colour.  It just didn't look very 
flattering on my hands and the colour was just a dirty 
brownish colour but it didn't stand out in a nice way.  Just 
my opinion! (sorry)

Cling On



This was a metallic khaki colour.  It seemed a lot thinner polish compared 
to the rest and could have benefited from a second coat.

Drawn To You


I didn't like this one at first but as it dryed it turned out with nice 
subtle effect.  This was a good mid tone purple,I would say my second favourite!

Instant Chemistry


This was a very thick polish, almost matt effect.  A very dark maroon.  But because of the consistancy the magnet just couldn't pull the polish resulting in a more subtle effect.  And with it being such a dark colour I was hoping the effect would really pop on these nails so slightly dissapointed because I was eager for this one to work.

Magnetix II

The order I used the magnet is the lines on my little finger and thumb. Grid on my ring and index finger and circles on my middle finger.

Get Charged


 
As you can see a totally different effect.  Loving the circles.  
This is a deep metallic purple. It's not quite as dark as 
Houses of Parliment but still a nice result.

Positively In Love


This is a deep magenta pink.  The effect stands out much better 
in real life.

Bond-Tastic


This was almost a matt effect. It is a burnt orange colour and looks 
much nicer on my nails than it does here.  Just couldn't get 
good lighting today sorry!

Gold Fushion


I was hoping this would be a real stand out gold, but it was 
more a bronze than a gold. It was still a great effect!

Con-Fused


Loving this emerald green.  The patterns stand out like crazy and it 
has such a great sheen.  Second favourite I must say.

Sparks Will Fly


(I only used the grid pattern with this colour.)
I am so in love with this blue right now.  I knew that it would 
be my favourite as soon as I saw it. Absolutely gorgeous in  
my opinion and I can't speak any higher of it!!!

Now when this collection arrived I still had my blue roses nails on from my last post.  I hadn't been ready to take them off quite yet but I had to try these magnetix out I just couldn't resist.  I also couldn't resist having a play and putting some petals back on.  Look how gorgeous it turned out:


Yay!! Really happy with these!

I know that none of the polish has been perfectly applied to all my nails, I was just trying to get it on and off as soon as I could and get the pictures. So I hope in this I am forgiven. Under each nail and under each application I had on OPI Base Coat and had to wait each time for this to dry before moving on. Even though I have spent most of the day doing this it has been worth it.  I have really enjoyed my day!!

This has been a massive blog post for me tonight.  I know its been picture over load but I just wanted to show you the new set compared to the older set and you can't really show that in just a picture of a bottle of nail polish.  So I hope you have enjoyed my blog tonight and I'm sorry if it was too long for some of you. 

Had you heard of the Magnetix II collection, and are these pictures enough to tempt you?  What do you think of this trend love it or hate it.  Do you have other brands I should add to my collection? Let me know guys in the comments below or you can email if you like!

Ok, that's it for me. Bye for now!

Michele x

2 comments:

  1. Sooo jealous of your long nails!! Mine are short and stubby due to violin playing!! That still should be no excuse for my ugly nails!! I am going to have to try some of these polishes! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tami for the compliment and the interest in my blog! I hope you will visit me again soon. And I'm jealous you can play an instrument x

      Delete