Tuesday 17 July 2012

Blue Roses

Hi guys! So the weather here is just not letting up, the rain just keeps coming! It is so dark and grey and I'm still feeling pretty lousy since being poorly for the last couple of weeks. Well I thought I need something bright and cheery on my nails to get through these dark days. Now I am still trying to perfect the one stroke technique. I am not an expert but I like doing it and I feel I have improved since my first attempt so that's the main thing.

Petals on the side
Roses

For those of you that are not familiar with the one stroke technique I will try and break it 
down for you so I hope I can explain it well enough for you to get the idea!

1. I started off with OPI Base Coat
2. Maybeline Forever Strong Pro Blue Midnight


3. You need a flat squared brush, some water and acrylic paint.


4. Then you want to work the paint into the brush for a few strokes to make sure 
it is loaded on your brush.  You want to dip one corner in white and the other in blue.


I usually use this pallet and just printer paper underneath to get the 
paint going and maybe just try out the stroke a couple of 
times before going on my nails.

5. You need to do each petal separately and use the brush in a up 
and down movement 3 or 4 times and then rounding each petal
off.

One petal

Petal two

The third petal

6. Now I know there is a gap but when you go back over it a second time it 
brings it all together and also brings a more vibrant colour.

Second coat

7. Now with the roses on my thumbs you do exactly the same just place the petals 
in a circle with a gap in the middle instead of having the petals in a row.

1st petal

2nd petal
3rd petal
4th petal

5th Petal

8. Now go over each petal again to bring out a stronger colour and perfect any petal 
you are not as happy with.

Second Coat

9. You need to create the center petals in a slightly different way.  
You need to use the brush to create an 'n' and a 'u' to create a circle.  
You have to push down on the brush as you move it round rather than 
wiggle it up and down.

The 'n'. (oops sorry it's blurred)
The 'u' This is the center petal.

10. Now you need to frame it.

One side

And then the other.


11. Now you could just leave it there if you wanted to but I like 
to embellish it a bit more.

Some Leaves
The thumb

12. Next Rhinestones



13. OPI Top Coat



Now I am not an expert and there are lots of ways to do the one stroke but this is just how I do it.  When I feel more confident and posses a better camera I may do a video for you but for now these pictures will have to suffice.  I hope for those of you that have never seen it done before I have explained it well enough for you.  If you would like to see it in action just check out YouTube and type in One Stroke and there will be plenty of videos to show you more precisely. 

I am still really nervous about showing my nails so please bear that in mind if you wish to comment.  I am still practising this art form. So I know that it isn't perfect so please be kind.  I want to use this blog to also show my progress in all my attempts however I am open to suggestions.  I will do more free hand painting on my nails as I go. However I want to make sure it is good enough to show you before I do.

Bites of information:
So, so proud of my son Joshua.  He has had an
excellent school report.  Even though he has another
year left before he has to choose his subjects, he is
already working at GCSE level C and is predicted to get 
A's.

Joshua also got 5 awards from school last night, Drama, Geograpy,
History, Citizenship and Attendance. Excellent!!!

He also since turning 13 has started a Paper Round and
has been getting himself up and out the door before
we are out of bed.  So I can't say it anymore just
a proud Mummy right now!!!!

Rebecca also had a really good report and is trying very hard 
at school. Well done sweetheart!!!

Arrgghh, annoying.  Still got this horrible barking cough that 
just won't go away.  I blame the rain.  So rain, rain please go 
away and don't come back till next year. (Well a girl can hope!)

So this is my nails and my news, I hope you liked what you saw.  Do you have a reason to be proud today? I would love to hear from you with your news!  Do you have other ways of doing One Stroke let me know, email me a picture or two!

Ok, Bye for now!

Michele x






















No comments:

Post a Comment