Friday 1 June 2012

Engagement Party Nails!

Hi Guys! The kids are off school at the moment and I've been so busy and been neglecting my little haven that is this blog!!!  Hopefully should be back to normal soon.

Anyway my brother has just got engaged and is having a party on Saturday ( Congratulations!!!)  I've got my little dress now what to do about the nails, because these are the priorities, well for me anyway.  My dress is beige with black lace and a criss, cross front.


So I thought I was going to do beige nails with a criss, cross lace Konad stamp.  Unfortunately I have baby sized nails and I just couldn't make it look the way I wanted.

Using this lace but in a criss cross manner!

Anyway, The lace theme I could get over but I still wanted to something in a criss cross sort of way.  Then I remembered last year copying some nails that  Tartofraises1  had done on YouTube.  Totally different colours and her version is far superior. But my version didn't turn out too bad seen as though my nail art brush which I thought was lost was infact squashed under the bed oops, so it didn't want to cooperate!


1.   Nail Envy Base Coat
2.   Beige Konad Nail Polish
3.   Black and White acrylic paint using the one stroke method
4.   Black Rhinestone in the center
5.   Some Black dots either side to finish off
6.   OPI Top Coat

Just a little note about Tartofraises1 or Cutenails (english version).  If you haven't heard of her she is a French Nail artist who does YouTube Videos and also a blog.  She encourages her viewers to try and emulate her work otherwise I would not have included it on my own blog.  She has tons of videos and tutorials and seems to want to encourage you to try her designs.  If you are looking for some inspiration maybe check her out some time. 

I hope you like my version of this nail art and I will now have to invest in some more nail art brushes!!! Let me know what you think of this design or if there was some idea that you had that would have been more suitable.  I appreciate any feedback given!

Ok, Bye for now!

Michele x

Update for this post.

Me in my dress!

It was such a good night and my brother and his fiance really enjoyed their night.

Ok, bye again!!

Michele x









No comments:

Post a Comment